For detailed information about specific areas of practice, please contact J.D. at your convenience. Representative matters include the following:
- Jointly appointed “contract neutral” to resolve construction disputes between EPC contractor and public utilities during power plant construction.
- Party appointed arbitrator on behalf of public utility in design defect case on sub-critical coal fired power plant.
- Party appointed arbitrator on behalf of minority public utility against majority interest holder for breach of power purchase and power provision agreements.
- Arbitration panel chair in dispute between developer and general contractor for failure to deliver per contract and specification requirements.
- Arbitration panel member in dispute between contractor and school district for failure to meet contract specifications for school construction.
- Arbitrated for Texas developer with $70 million in design and construction claims against architect and contractor in conversion of office building to hotel and condominiums.
- Arbitrated for Florida hotel owner against design team over $20 million in claims for failure to design within industry standards, branding and flagging.
- Arbitrated for Japanese steam boiler OEM in ICC arbitration against Canadian subcontractor for breach of contract.
- Mediator in breach of contract dispute between cabinet supplier and general contractor for late delivery, delay and impact.
- Mediator in breach of contract dispute between manufacturing company and sales staff for failure to pay commissions pursuant to agreement.
- Mediator in wrongful termination employment dispute.
- Mediator in breach of contract dispute between contractor and owner for failure to construct to specifications.
- Mediator in collection action between real estate owner and lease holder.
- Mediator in breach of contract dispute between subcontractor and general contractor for delay and impact due to mismanagement and failed contract administration.
- Mediator in breach of contract dispute between engineering firm and consultant.
- Represented international hotel chain in federal court regarding claims for $60 million in cost overruns, delay and impact claims in Florida and Georgia.
- Represented luxury hotel company in New York state court regarding $110 million lawsuit against contractor for failure to comply with design, delay and impact.
- Represented silicon semi-conductor manufacturer in Texas state court jury trial against electrical contractor for failure to follow safety and lock-out procedures.
- Represented owner in Missouri state court jury trial in claims against upstream public developer for storm water impact resulting in a complete taking.
- Represented Japanese steam boiler manufacturer in $100 million design dispute with owner and EPC contractor over failed control logic and DCS design.
- Represented international OEM against power plant design and engineering claims regarding failure of good utility practices and NFPA standards.
- Negotiated design and construction contracts on behalf of US entity for retail and entertainment venue in Shanghai, China.
- Negotiated joint venture agreement for large general contractor in accordance with FAR for purposes of responding to Army Corps of Engineer RFP.
- Assisted Eastern European turbine OEM in negotiating US construction contracts.
- Negotiated contracts between US company and Chinese general contractor consisting of partial renovation and build-out of existing manufacturing facility in China.
- Negotiated master services agreement on behalf of US design firm with international general contractor for provision of architectural services for restaurant chain.
- Developed and executed training program for major A&E firm industrial construction contracting, including negotiation techniques, contract basics, as well as industry-related issues such as insurance, indemnity and liability, scheduling (critical path method), claims management, and avoidance and project management.
- Documented power purchase agreements and transactions on behalf of independent power producer as part of due diligence for the procurement of power plants.
- Counseled one of the world's largest retailers during contract administration and dispute resolution efforts throughout the US.
- Assisted Midwest owner/developer with termination of general contractor, project takeover and workout in failed hotel, office and retail development in Missouri.
- Assisted Texas owner/developer with termination of general contractor, project takeover and workout in failed hotel/mixed-use development project in Houston, Texas.
40 plus years of opportunity has provided J.D. Moore with wide ranging expertise, including but not limited to the following areas:
Residential, Commercial, Industrial Construction Architecture and Engineering Power and Energy
Hotels, Resorts and Restaurants Educational Facilities Infrastructure
Project Finance Public Projects Surety/Bond Claims
OEM Procurement Real Estate Leasing and Tenant Build-out